BGYL Organizational Goals
To grow the sport of girls lacrosse in Beverly by providing a safe, fun, and inclusive environment for player development.
To field fundamentally sound teams that are competitive with neighboring towns, and exhibit a high level of sportsmanship.
- BGYL participants will display respect for teammates, opponents, coaches, referees, parents and fans.
- BGYL players will display positivity, effort, coachability, attentiveness, and teamwork.
- BGYL coaches will display positivity and respect for players, opponents, referees, parents, and fans.
- BGYL parents will display positivity and respect for players, opponents, referees, coaches, and fans.
- BGYL teams will play to win while respecting the written and non-written rules of the game.
BGYL teams will know the rules of the game
BGYL teams will understand the roles and responsibilities of all positions on the field
BGYL teams will display age-appropriate levels of skill (catching, throwing, shooting, dodging, offense, defense)